This was a group project where we produced a puppetry performance based on the poem Alphabet by Edward Gorey. We each chose a line from the poem to work from and I chose: X is for Xerxes devoured by mice. From this extract I designed and made a puppet for the character Xerxes with accompanying shadow puppets.
Skills learnt from this project:
- Designing a character from an unusual name.
- Designing, making and performing a manipulatable puppet.
- sourcing costume for a puppet.
- making shadow puppets that move in synchronisation.
- The experience of putting on a performance, coordinating with others and working to cues.