This was a 12 week group project to create music video. We had to generate a narrative theme around moods and atmosphere of a song selected by our tutors.
Between a group of eight the project comprised:
- 4 weeks concept development and storyboarding
- 3 weeks pre-production
- 2 ½ days filming
- 3 weeks post-production
The major work I undertook during the course of this project included design, making and sourcing both the superhero and plain clothes costumes for the two lead characters; Clive and Annie. However, I was involved in all aspects of the project from start to close.
This was a group project where we produced a puppetry performance based on the poem Alphabet by Edward Gorey. We each chose a line from the poem to work from and I chose: X is for Xerxes devoured by mice. From this extract I designed and made a puppet for the character Xerxes with accompanying shadow puppets.
Skills learnt from this project:
- Designing a character from an unusual name.
- Designing, making and performing a manipulatable puppet.
- sourcing costume for a puppet.
- making shadow puppets that move in synchronisation.
- The experience of putting on a performance, coordinating with others and working to cues.